Anyone with a smartphone/tablet should know that an anti-virus is as needed on the device as it is on a PC. With apps like whatsapp that helps with sharing all kinds of data, your device becomes all the more exposed to malicious software and virus that can slow down your system or worse, just eat up memory space and vital data. There are a number of anti-virus applications that are available, here’s a look at the top 10:
- AVG Anti-Virus Security: AVG is quite one of the most popular Anti-Security applications. There is a free version as well as an advanced paid version. It has basics like anti-malware, antivirus, and anti-phishing. It has more than 100 million downloads and a rating of 4.4. The paid version costs $100, which is quite pricy. The paid version has features like app locks, SIM locking, and app backups. It also has an anti-theft feature, which is both available in the free as well as paid version.
- 360 Security: This is a completely free app. It has deletes threats and scans and also keeps a privacy adviser. It includes functionality for cleaning devices from old files that are left by deleted apps and other unwanted trash. It also has a data monitor that is built-in.
- TrustGO’s Antivirus and Mobile Security: It is yet another completely free Android antivirus option, which is worth a glance. This takes an even more simplistic approach since it will not offer too many features that are extended.
- Bitedefender: This application is extremely simple to use. It is as simple as installing, scanning through files, removing all threats and sits quiet till something comes up. It has no unwanted features or nonsense that might irritate the user. The best part is that it’s free!
- Dr Web Antivirus: This one happens to be one of the most expensive of antivirus apps. It does not work on a subscription service, which is a huge plus point over all that long haul. The free version gives you a basic anti-malware protection and an antivirus along with certain basic device protection features.
- CM Security: This is amongst the newer of the low, which has hit the market more recently, but has gained popularity in just no time! Users have rated it generously, making it even more desirable. Apart from the usual anti-malware and antivirus, it also has a find-my-phone feature, which comes free.
- Kaspersky: The good old anti-virus God of PC is now available on the android platform. It is one of the most popular and much like its PC version, it is also much trusted. You can be sure that they will do justice to their reputation!
- McAfee: Yet another trusted label in the world of antivirus, its android version does a pretty good job as well! The company is all set to change its name to Intel Antivirus and Security. They also have a paid version with some fancy features. Their payment structure was only recently revamped. This also includes device security, privacy guarding, antivirus, and anti-theft.
It is crucial to protect your android device- a free download and a once in a while scan is all it takes to secure your device.